Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pruitt Playschool (LetterT)

The letter "T" is so much fun for a little boy!! We had so much fun with tools and trucks while we studied our letter this week!!  Last week when I went to the library, they were having a quilt show and book sale and I found some really neat books for 25 cents!! One of the books I bought was a book on how to make home-made toys!  I am having so much fun looking through the book and trying to make some toys.  The first toy I "made" was a golf tee hammering toy.  I just took some golf tees and used an empty diaper box and let Owen hammer the tees into the box.  He LOVED this!! He must have played with this for over 30 minutes! 



Introducing the letter "T".

Reciting the Bible verse for the week.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Proverbs 3:5


Tissue paper art!! This was another activity that he LOVED!!  This was also his first time to use the liquid glue.  He did well and this activity kept his attention much longer than I thought. 

I had a lot of leftover foam stickers from our homemade stamps so I had him sort the trains and trucks.  I modeled how to sort them first then he took off and sorted the rest! 

This was my favorite activity for the week while we studied the letter "T". We took advantage of the nice weather one afternoon and went outside and washed our trucks with an old toothbrush!  It's amazing how much fun a little boy can have with a pan of soapy water, an old toothbrush and some trucks!  No if only we could get him to brush his teeth as thorough as he did those trucks! :)


Our bulletin board for the week with some of our "T" activities! What a fun week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment