Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pruitt Playschool (Letter R)

I have been wanting to do some sort of educational activity with Owen since he is at home with me everyday.  So...when my friend Michelle shared one of her friends blogs with me I became inspired to create my own little "school" for Owen. I am going to teach Owen the alphabet by doing fun little crafts and activities for each letter. I will spend one week on each letter beginning with the letter "R". 

One day after nap, we made red rice crispy treats!  Owen had a blast helping me make them!



I put up a magnetic white board under his bulletin board and put letters on the board.  He goes on a letter hunt to find the letter we are learning about for the week.



More fun with magnetic letters!

I found some very easy Bible verses for him to memorize each week that start with the letter we are learning!  I really just thought he would repeat the verse after me and I would call it a success, but he actually memorized it!!  After we said the blessing on Monday night, we were telling daddy about his Bible verse and he recited it!!  We had a lot of fun this week calling everyone and having him recite his verse!  I just melts your heart!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Philippians 4:4

We traced the letter "R" with our cement truck on Monday morning to introduce the letter!


We made a ribbon collage with leftover ribbon that we had from Grace Ann's hair bows.  He was not very interested in putting the ribbon on the paper but was VERY interested in how the glue stick tasted!

 
This is picture of the bulletin board outside of Owen's room with the work we did last week with the letter "R"!


No comments:

Post a Comment