Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Playroom

I just love our playroom in our house! It is actually supposed to be a formal dining room but who actually needs a formal dining room with three young children? Not us. So, we turned it into a great playroom for the kids! It's the one of the first areas you see when you come in the front door, so I wanted it to look nice but functional at the same time.  My dad made a huge shelf for all of the toys. The toy shelf quickly became one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house! It organizes the mounds of toys we have and at the same time the kids can get their toys out and pick them up by themselves! 
 
Super awesome toy shelf!
 
Reading area 
 
Letter wall that Justin hung up this summer. This is a huge wall that needed something big...so we decided to make a letter wall! I love how we used a lot of letters and items that we already had around the house. The E, N, and W were the letters that were above Owen's bed in our Harrogate house. The G was in Grace Ann's room in Harrogate. The P was in our kitchen. The M is a sheet of guitar music that Justin had. The letter R is made from scraps of ribbon I used to make Grace Ann some hair bows. The letter S is on a decorative piece we had hanging in our bedroom that we didn't use anymore. The X is made from two of Justin's drum sticks. And the U is a horseshoe that Justin's grandparents had. 
 
Rocking chair that was in Grace Ann's room in Harrogate.
 
There were some nails already in the wall, so I hung our cork board there to display the kids art. 
 
Wooden table and chairs made by my dad! 
 
Picture of the playroom from the stairs.
 
We spend so much time in the playroom and I love that it is right beside the kitchen. I'm so thankful that we have this space in our house! 

I'm linking up with The Turquoise Home for Work it Wednesday!
http://theturquoisehome.com/2015/02/work-it-wednesday-no-84/

1 comment:

  1. I love the letters on the wall my boys have walls like that in their rooms! You did a great job the room looks great!

    ReplyDelete