Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

DIY Projects!

I have been having fun doing some DIY projects and Thanksgiving crafts the past few weeks!  Some of them are still works in progress but I did take some pictures of the ones I have finished.  I'm also excited about some Christmas gifts I have been working on but I am not posting pictures just yet because some of you just might be getting them as gifts this year! :)

My first project was a schedule of our activities for the week.  I used a frame from Wal-Mart and used scrapbook paper in the frames.  I use whiteboard markers to write on the glass and it wipes off great!  

Owen and I made a Thanksgiving tree for our dinning room table using a branch he and Nonna found in the backyard.  I cut of different leaves from scrapbook paper and we wrote down some of the things we are thankful for.  Having a conversation of what you are thankful for with a two year old was very interesting, but we did manage to fill up all of our leaves! :)
Some of the things Owen is thankful for this year include:
-Leaves
-His shark shoes (This is what he calls his blue shoes. They in no way shape or form look like sharks but he insists they are his shark shoes.)
-Jesus
-Izzy
-Round N Rounds (Cement trucks)
-Pancakes
-Bubba
-Our Family
-The Park
(Bet you can't guess the ones I had to prompt him with!! :))

I saw this idea in a magazine we get at church and I hope to make it a tradition in our house.

Below was another Thanksgiving craft that I saw in the magazine from church!  I LOVE this!! I used old jars that I had around the kitchen and cut out the letters to spell THANKS and then added some pretty fall flowers! I think I ended up with 2 flower vases, 2 salsa containers, 1 honey jar, and 1 random jar we found under the sink. We have the perfect place for this in our Harrogate house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment